Best Free Web Directories For Canadian Business
It is very important to have inbound links to your website in order to improve your search engine rankings. Think of inbound links as ‘likes’ on Facebook- the more you have, the more important the search engines think your website is however, there is a caveat. It used to be you could not get enough inbound links. Quality links are more important than sheer numbers- those with high PagerRank. Having a high number of inbound links from meaningless directories can actually have a negative effect on your search engine rankings.
Here is a selection of high PageRank web directories for Canadian websites. Submit your site for free and enjoy quality inbound links:
1. Google– with a PageRank of 7, if you haven’t submitted your site already, here is the sign-up page: http://goo.gl/1icRjO
Use the above link to sign-up for Google Places for Canada and create a Google+Business Page. Don’t forget to submit your sitemap through Google Webmaster tools.
2. Bing – one of the 3 major search engines, submit your site here: http://www.bing.com/toolbox/submit-site-url . Bing.ca has a PageRank of 6. Submitting your site to Yahoo! is also done through Bing so this is an important site submission you don’t want to miss. Don’t forget to submit your sitemaps through Bing Webmaster Tools too.
3. Yelp Canada – This is a great place to list your site and receive input about your business from customers. Yelp Canada has a PageRank of 7. Sign-up here: https://biz.yelp.ca/ .
4. Kijiji Canada– I’ve used Kijiji for years to create a quality inbound link to my website. Posting an ad about your business is free and will expire after a few weeks but you can repost the ad for free. To add your web url (very important) Kijiji charges a small fee- around $5.00 US. It’s worth it for this quality link. Sign-up and create your first ad here:http://www.kijiji.ca
5. Industry Canada – a very high traffic website with a PageRank of 7, list your sitehere.
6. Yellow Pages 360 Business Centre– yes, you can get a free listing without paying for Yellow Page advertising. Yellowpages.ca has a PageRank of 7. Here’s the sign-up page: http://businesscentre.yp.ca/free-business-listing
7. 411.ca – Sign up here for a free listing. 411.ca has a PageRank of 5.
8. Cylex Canada – with a PageRank of 5 this is another good directory. First check to see if your business is already listed here.
9. Hotfrog.ca – this directory has a PageRank of 4. The sign-up page is here
10. Canadian Trade Index – If you are a manufacturer this is an important location for listing your business. With a PageRank of 6 you can receive a powerful inbound link by adding your business here.
11. Goldbook.ca – with a PageRank of 7 you can obtain a free business listing here or pay for an upgraded listing. Sign-up.
12. n49.ca – This directory has a PageRank of 4. You can add a free listing here.
13. Profile Canada – Another good directory that’s free for Canadian businesses – with a PageRank of 6. Sign-up here.
14. CanadaOne – Another great directory with a PageRank of 6. Sign-up here.